- A solution to the NAT traversal problem between a Nintendo Switch and the Juniper SRX Firewall.
- Junos Routing-Instance, RIB-Groups, imports, and Logical Tunnel Interfaces explained.
- IPv6 and Neighbor Discovery de-mistified..
- Configuring an VMPS server with FreeRadius
- To configure a freeradius server for a cisco switch with DOT1X
Category Archives: Solaris / linux
1. Creat a “save” panic: # savecore -L 2. Decompress it; # savecore -vf /var/crash/vmdump.0 3. Load the panic dump in the kernel debugger: /var/crash# mdb -k /var/crash/unix.0 vmcore.0 4. Analyse.. See the processes that were running at the time … Continue reading
1. First check that (send)mail works on Solaris # mailx -v root@localhost </etc/hosts Check that the mail is sent; # mailx ->> if mail does NOT work, make sure the /etc/inet/hosts file contains propper FQDN entries: 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.0.100 s11-server1 … Continue reading
1. create a user “user1″ and assign a password # useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/bash user1 # passwd user1 -> here password “user1234″ is used. 2. Create a role # roleadd -d /export/home/role1 -m role1 # passwd role1 -> … Continue reading
1. create a user “user1” and assign a password # useradd -d /export/home/user1 -m -s /bin/bash user1 # passwd user1 -> here password “user1234” is used. 2. Create a role # roleadd -d /export/home/role1 -m role1 # passwd role1 -> … Continue reading
Crossbow is a wonderfull but complex network architecture that hardly bears any resemblence to the network stack found in previous Solaris relases. Whilst studying Crossbow I created an architectural overview that includes most,- but not all-, network configurations found in … Continue reading
To setup an Iscsi initiator on Linux The instructions below were executed on Red Het E.L. 5.3 x86_64 0. Install scsi-target-utils This comes with the DVD: # rpm -i iscsi-initiator-utils-18.104.22.1688-0.18.el5.x86_64.rpm
To setup pptp vpn debian ipad 0. Get the software: # apt-get install pptpd 1. edit /etc/pptpd.conf localip 192.168.2.250 remoteip 192.168.2.240-245,192.168.2.245
To install zfs on snow leopard.txt download the zfs package from: http://zfs.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/downloads OR: https://github.com/dustin/mac-zfs/downloads I used zfs-110 binaries. $ gzcat zfs-119bin.tgz |tar -xvf –
Authenticated SMTP with Sun JES Messenger When nomadic users would like to send emails via their organization’s smtp server, a problem arises around smtp. The pop and imap protocols are well suited for remote users and can be secured by … Continue reading
Solaris Test LWPS Fork–bombs and Zone – Resource Control As an end-user create a number of Lightweight processess using the following script which should be located in a test-zone: #!/bin/ksh # Script test-fork-bomb.ksh maxlwps=500