- A solution to the NAT traversal problem between a Nintendo Switch and the Juniper SRX Firewall.
- Junos Routing-Instance, RIB-Groups, imports, and Logical Tunnel Interfaces explained.
- IPv6 and Neighbor Discovery de-mistified..
- Configuring an VMPS server with FreeRadius
- To configure a freeradius server for a cisco switch with DOT1X
Category Archives: Cisco Networking
A study in Flexlinks.. FLEXlink-study
This is for the more hard core Cisco IOS users: With multi-homed BGP you can let your router failover internet service providers. You can track their availability with SLA, or simply let BGP do its thing. The thing that had … Continue reading
Configuring a Spanning Tree in GNS3: ———————————— I found that configuring the SPT was always a bit vague due to the fact that dynamips / dynagen emulate Cisco IOS Routers, not switches. I didn’t find a simple example that tells … Continue reading
2. A network administrator has been provided with the following block of class A IP addresses: 184.108.40.206/21. He has been asked to create at least 3 subnets with equal size netmasks, and the number of the hosts per subnet are … Continue reading
1. A network administrator has been provided with the following Class B block of IP addresses: 172.16.0.0/16 It is his task to subnet this Classful network to have (at least) 9 subnets available and maximize the number of hosts available … Continue reading
1. Enable IPV6: R4(config)# ipv6 unicast-routing 2. Supply interface fa0/0 with an IPV6 address: R4(config-if)# ipv address 2001:0:0:1::/64 eui-64 3. Configure an IPV6 OSPF routing process 110: R4(config)# ipv6 router ospf 110 Here manually supply a router id: (optional if … Continue reading
The OSPF DR / BDR router election algorithm within IOS The OSPF BDR / DR election is only performed for SWITCHED networks, not on serial networks. The whole idea of having a DR is to minimise the flooding of LSA’s … Continue reading
I didn’t check where this quotes originates from, but is very true all the same: “Switch where you can, route where you must”
Click here for the PDF file: NAT-drawing