- A solution to the NAT traversal problem between a Nintendo Switch and the Juniper SRX Firewall.
- Junos Routing-Instance, RIB-Groups, imports, and Logical Tunnel Interfaces explained.
- IPv6 and Neighbor Discovery de-mistified..
- Configuring an VMPS server with FreeRadius
- To configure a freeradius server for a cisco switch with DOT1X
Author Archives: rootuser
I recently had to solve a problem with my son’s Nintendo Switch where the game called “Splatoon” would not find any Internet players because “there was a NAT traversal problem”. Googling told me the wildest stories from completely exposing the … Continue reading
This post will explain the wonders of routing-instances within Junos. (comparable to “vrf-ligth” with some other Vendors..) It wil also cover shady areas like RIB-groups, “import instance-from” and finally, Logical Tunnel – Interfaces. The examples should work.. although I had … Continue reading
Note: this setup is probably the WORST documented peace of Open Source software I have come across and all forums times I have found on it are of people struggling with it. So here goes.. “how do I use Freeradius as … Continue reading
0. First make you have a working FreeRadius server running and all is jolly. For details, see my previous post “To configure a freeradius server for a cisco switch”. 1. On the FreeRadius server, add a Dot1X Port-user in /etc/freeradius/users … Continue reading
For some reason or another.. I never came across a simple overview of the different OSPF areas. So I made one.. if you like it (or NOT!) feel free to respond. ospf-area-study
If you were under the impression that only Juniper has a nice revision system for archiving configurations… think again and behold a not very well known feature in IOS: configuration archiving… archiving-notes
This document introduces a nice features in IOS that is not very commonly know: a time domain reflectometer functionality on the SwitchPorts! tdr-example-cisco-3560-switch